Sandman Hotels, Inns and Suites, Ltd.
August 16, 2017 Job Expired
The Sandman Hotel Group is looking for a professional, positive, customer-friendly Central Reservations Agent to join our fast-paced national call centre team. You will be working in a dynamic 24-hour call centre office environment responsible for high volumes of customer calls, faxes, and emails; which services over 40 Sandman Hotel Group properties and 3 Sutton Place Hotels across Canada.
Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working for Canada’s fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company, including a competitive employee compensation package, diverse employee schedules, and internal corporate career advancement. If you are looking for a future career in hospitality, then the Sandman Hotel Group is for you.
· Must be able type 60 WPM (minimum); Fast computer data entry skills.
· Experienced with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
· Must be able to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail.
· Previous experience in customer relations would be ideal, preferably in hotel reservations or front desk environment.
· Must have excellent command of the English language, knowledge of the French language is an asset.
· Must be able to commit to intensive full-time 3-week training
· Applicants must be flexible with work schedule. Position entails various shifts in a 24/7 operation which may include weekends and holidays.
· Ensure inbound calls are answered in a professional and courteous manner and established procedures are adhered to without failure.
· Ensure that proper selling techniques are utilized to sell all the properties.
· Ensure all paperwork reservations, emails, and faxing are completed or responded to in a timely fashion.
· Answering all inquiries pertaining to individual hotels; including room types, rate, facilities, as well as surrounding areas.
· Complete all duties as assigned by supervisors and managers.
· Handling chain-wide loyalty program applications and processing applications.
· Excellent customer relations and typing skills with professionalism on the telephone.
· Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizations and time-management skills.
· Adaptable to change and be able to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
· Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications.
· Familiarization with various property managements systems (PMS) (ie. Northwind Maestro and/or OPERA would be an asset.
· Eager and focused to exceed guest expectations.
Entry Level Position: Yes
Supervisory Level Position: No
Salary Range: TBD
Extended Medical, Dental, Health Care (STANDARD HOTEL PACKAGE)*
*For Full Time Employment Only
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are
encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.
Less than 1 year
Prefer not to state
Prefer not to state