Redwood Inn and Suites
July 20, 2017 Job Expired
The Hotel Night Auditor will be responsible for conducting a nightly audit, balancing and consolidating departmental ledger accounts, preparation of various hotel operating reports and taking over duties of the Front Office Cashier.
Hotel Night Auditors are required to work a late evening and usually through the night shift on the front desk. They will make room reservations, provide information and services to guests and receive payment for services as well as specific night duties including the entering of accounting information and hotel security. Initial set up of Breakfast which includes cooking and baking and also hotel laundry. In addition to their regular work duties, the Night Auditor must provide consistently high levels of customer service, ensuring that all hotel patrons enjoy their stay, and act as a spokesperson for the hotel at all times.
• Customer Focus
• Energy & Stress
• Team Work
• Quality Orientation
• Problem Solving
• Accountability and Dependability
• Operating Equipment
• Ethics and Integrity
• Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
• Register arriving guests and assign rooms
• Answer inquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests' complaints
• Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
• Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment.
• Daily accounting data entry and reconciliations
• Hotel security
• Post all daily room and outstanding charges.
• Balance all revenue totals of cash and credits against revenue report.
• Take over from the evening cashier, checking and accepting float and takings.
• Accept and lock away keys from various departments.
• Prepare hotel operating reports and complete audit package to laid-down standards.
• Correct any errors or omissions made by cashiers.
• Prepare Credit Card/Charge Card summaries and post to ledger account.
• Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
• Hold regular training and coaching sessions ensuring the correct performance of duties.
Setup and maintain breakfast-light cooking and baking required
• High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
• Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program, or a college program in front desk operations or hotel management preferred
• Guest service trade certification is preferred
• 2 years of experience as a Hotel Night Auditor is preferred
• Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
• Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team
• Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
• Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
• Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles
• Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
• Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
• Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
• Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers
• Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events
• High level of proficiency with […] software packages
• Some travel may be required
• Ability to attend and conduct presentations
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
• Overtime as required
Less than 1 year
Casual / Temporary
20hrs or less
Cash handling skills, Computer skills, Customer Service, Detail-oriented, English Communication Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Leadership Skills, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Numerical skills, Problem Solving, Stress management, Work with minimal supervision
Super 8 Lethbridge (Lethbridge, AB)
Best Western Plus Sawridge Suites (Fort McMurray, AB)
Clique Hotels & Resorts (Canmore, AB)