Sandman Hotels, Inns and Suites, Ltd.
October 11, 2018 Job Expired
The Sandman Calgary West, located at 125 Bowridge Drive NW, Calgary, AB, is currently recruiting for a FULL TIME Night Auditor (Front Desk).
* Greet guests with a smile and answer their questions as required.
* Issues room keys, pamphlets, discount cards, etc.
* Arranges transportation for guests.
* Computes bills, collects payment and makes change for guests.
* Runs various reports on the computer for management.
* Count and verify cash, shift activity, keys, gift certificates, and wireless internet cards with departing shift.
* Register guests, making and modifying reservations, acting as hotel operator, and performing concierge duties with bell staff which include managing guest luggage.
* Complete shift audits as required.
* Print updated in-house, arrival, departure, and room status reports every two hours pending activity and check all unresolved departures.
* Write all wake-up call requests on specified form and enter on switchboard.
* Clean and tidy front desk area.
* As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
* Provide information to staff and/or clients about special activities.
* Observe and report any security issues to the Manager.
* Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, (including priority post, packages, and courier services).
* High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent.
* Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program, or a college program in front desk operations and/or hotel hospitality.
* 1 year or more experience as a Hotel Front Desk Clerk.
* Experience in all aspects of customer service/people management.
* Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team.
* Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
* Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
* Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
* Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles.
* Must have the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve.
* Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
* Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills.
* Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
* Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
* Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
* High level of proficiency with Microsoft and Maestro software packages.
* Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer (accuracy and speed)
* High volume, fast paced work environment.
* Meet deadlines and deal calmly with stressful incidents.
* Long periods of standing.
* Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
* Overtime as required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) that would support a foreign worker.
Casual / Temporary
31hrs - 40hrs
* Wages: To be negotiated.
* Benefits include:
Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, and Vision Care, FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT ONLY.
Vacation pay in excess of the Provincial Labour Standards.
Hotel discounts for self, friends and family.
3rd Party discounts through Sandman partnerships for all employees.
Executive Royal Hotel (Leduc, AB)
Best Western Plus Sawridge Suites (Fort McMurray, AB)
Best Western Mirage (High Level, AB)