Sawridge Inn and Conference Center - Jasper
April 11, 2018 Job Expired
Administrative Assistant, HR Manager, HR Assistant
Sawridge hotels across Alberta have been awarded the 2017/18 Employer of Choice Award by Alberta Hotel and Lodging Association . We believe that people who enjoy a good working relationship with their company project a positive attitude and personality towards our guests and fellow team members. Sawridge is committed to hiring and nurturing individuals with an array of talent, experience, perspective, and backgrounds that will recognize the needs of, and provide exceptional service to our guests. We understand that each of us is unique and we promote a corporate culture that celebrates and respects each other's differences.
The Sawridge Inn and Conference Center - Jasper is currently accepting applications for a Human Resources Coordinator. Reporting to the General Manager, the HR Coordinator is the caretaker and champion of the company's greatest asset…its people. They will be responsible for making the Hotel famous for teams of people who bring great energy, skill, and results to their work. They will shape a culture of liveliness that drives business objectives forward while staying true to the company's corporate culture, standards, aspirations, and commitments. They will participate as a member of the Hotel Executive Committee and the Health ad Safety Commitee and will be responsible for coaching, consulting and directing the Hotel's Management and associates on all Human Resource issues.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
Health & Safety
- Provide assistance with the management of health & safety committee.
- WCB, STD and LTD’s claims management.
- Ensure employee, guest and building safety is of a priority at all times through effective follow up with senior management and peers with regards to all safety issues. Ensure proper documentation is made with regards to workplace safety and accidents.
-Lead the recruitment process assisting all Managers on the posting, prescreening and interviewing process for all candidates.
- Managing and improving the recruitment & selection process and activities at all levels
- Developing creative and innovative methods of increasing profile as an employer, particularly on a local level.
- To develop strong links with local/national agencies and Colleges etc and strengthen overall brand identity as an employer.
- To Administer and manage all the TFW & AINP processes.
- Work with department’s managers to achieve professional hiring and probation reviews in accordance with company policies, and providing equal employment opportunities as required by Human Rights Legislation.
Employee Onboarding Process
- Ensure all payroll related information forms are filled out and signed by the employee.
- Ensure full orientations are given to all new hires in line with company policy.
- To ensure that all employees are enrolled in the Group Benefits and that they are aware of the options available under the Group Insurance Program liaising with the Benefits department as required.
- Ensure all employees are aware of the RSP plan that is available to them after one year of service with the company.
- Coordinate the training process with the Department Managers to ensure new employees are fully trained on time.
- Coach Managers in management skills
- Assisting with the design & delivery of management development programs and succession planning
- Ensure systematic probation reviews ( 3 months or 6 months ) and yearly appraisals are being done on a regular bases in all departments. The original copy of all probation review and appraisals are to be placed in the employees file.
- Assist with the design and delivery of company’s core training.
- Continual improvement and development of HR initiatives
- Development and proper administration of employee’s EVP at property level
-To assist and encourage employees to participate in the annual Employee Satisfaction Survey, EOC survey
- Assist on the execution of our company’s Long Service Awards program
- To coordinate regular social activities and introduce employee related initiative
- Supporting employee’s benefits enrollment and administration including:
- Administering the group performance appraisal program.
- To assist in identifying and overcoming areas of concern with employees to maximize employee morale and motivation.
- Management of performance through disciplinary procedure.
- Hands on management of disciplinary activities.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of employment legislation in all key areas.
- To provide advice and support to the business, management and employees in the field of employment law with advice from the Senior of HR
- To ensure legal compliance in all matters in particular the management of disciplinary procedures and dismissals
Qualifications: •Post-secondary education in Human Resources with a minimum of 2 years’ practical experience •Administrative/coordinator experience preferably in a quality (COR) certified company •Extreme organizer with high attention to detail in a previous role with an unpredictable workload •Is a self starter and goals oriented and can prioritize work based on relevant deadlines and available time •Prior experience working with provincial and federal TFW programs Prior experience working with an applicant racking system (ATS) •Excellent communication skills to update team members •Ability to deal with all levels of employees and management •Advanced Microsoft Office skills
31hrs - 40hrs
Customer Service, Detail-oriented, English Communication Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Leadership Skills, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Numerical skills, Project Management, Stress management, Work with minimal supervision
Health and Dental Benefits
Employer RSP Matching
Health Care Spending Account
Employee Accommodation Discounts
Staff Meal Program